The mission of the Annapolis Coalition on the Behavioral Health Workforce is to promote the health of the nation’s population by:
- Improving the recruitment, retention, training and performance of a diverse, equitable and inclusive mental health and substance use workforce that provides prevention, treatment, and recovery services;
- Strengthening the workforce role of persons in recovery and family members in caring for themselves and each other and in educating the workforce;
- Increasing the roles and competencies of all health and social service providers in meeting the needs of people with mental health and substance use conditions through the delivery of integrated care;
- Expanding the capacity of communities to identify their behavioral health needs and promote behavioral health and wellness;
- Fostering the development of supervisors and leaders in this workforce;
- Promoting financing systems that enable employee compensation commensurate with required education and levels of responsibility; and
- Advocating for the development of infrastructure for technical assistance, research, and evaluation on behavioral health workforce development.