What We Do
To achieve its mission, the Annapolis Coalition has focused on a set of functions that aim to build awareness and consensus and promote change at the local, regional and national level.
These functions include:
- Synthesizing published recommendations on strategies for improving the quality and relevance of workforce recruitment, retention, education and training.
- Convening expert panels to identify best practices in workforce development.
- Identifying innovation in workforce development through national searches for innovative workforce practices, with reviews of these practices by panels of workforce experts.
- Identifying strategies and tactics for overcoming the obstacles to improving workforce development practices.
- Creating and maintaining a network of stakeholders concerned about the future of this workforce.
- Routinely disseminating information to stakeholders about best practices, innovation and change strategies.
- Linking stakeholders who have similar interests or those who can be of assistance to each other in implementing workforce best practices.
- Organizing educational events for stakeholders.
- Providing state agencies and non-profit organizations technical assistance on workforce development.
- Advising federal agencies and commissions on workforce development best practices.
- Conducting strategic planning on workforce issues on behalf of federal agencies.